The historic Clubhouse, with its old world charm, has magnificent views of the course and the coastline towards Port Phillip Heads.
This early photograph of the clubhouse is not dissimilar to the clubhouse of today, despite the many renovations.
The Consultants who, over the years, contributed to the development of the links included such eminent names as Rymill, Spicer, Kirkwood, Russell and Alister McKenzie.
The advantages of the site included the "natural bunkers, the setting and beautiful undulations."
The native grasses were considered
unsuitable and couch was brought in from Sandringham, on the other side
of Port Phillip Bay, and planted by hand.
A fine links needed a fine Clubhouse and in 1924 the present clubhouse was opened, and has provided a gracious and comfortable centre for club life and for the entertainment and enjoyment of visitors. Although undergoing changes and improvements over the last seventy years, it retains its traditional charm. It provides nineteen bedrooms with ensuites, lounges, bars, a billiards room and dining rooms.
Written by Professor Weston Bate the club's official history "Heads, You Win" details the traditions and history of the growth of our club.